Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Knotty Curls Updo

This is a really quick updo that does not require any braiding.
If you can tie a shoe, you can do this style!
side view:
We started with damp hair.
I seperated her hair into two pony tails, leaving out the front section. If you are in a hurry or if your daughter's hair is thin, I recomend just making one pony.
Then twist and secure the front section to a pony.
Ribbon was threaded through the two pony tails.
Next, seperate a section of hair into two (at this point I added gel).
Procede like you are tying a knot.
Do not pull tight and continue to make "knots" until you have a long string.
When you reach the end, gather your string of knots on the top of her head and pin.
Repeat with the rest of the hair. For Aubrey, I made three strings of knots in each pony tail.
After her hair was up, I finished the style by "sewing" the ribbon into her curls with a plastic needle just like in our Dressed Up Ballerina Bun tutorial.
And added a side clip.
Total time: 10 minutes without the ribbon
In June my Mom wore this 'do to a banquet.
These pictures were taken afterwards that evening.
Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment