Monday, March 15, 2010

Super Easy Up 'Do ~Two ways to wear it!

This is a quick and easy up 'do! It seriously took me 10 min.
total from start to finish and I was taking pictures too!

To start, I broke out my trusty "Topsy Tail" (bought for only $1 on ebay).
Then made a high side pony, secured with a clear elastic.

Next, the pony was divided into three.

One section was threaded through the topsy tail.

And pulled through under the pony.....

but not all the way,
just until a nice pouf formed.

This was continued with the other two sections on hair.
Depending on how long your girly's hair is, you may want to make more than
one pouf with each section. Aubrey's hair is waist length and I made a
total of three poufs with each section.

The ends were then tucked in with pins.




We added her dance flower clip because she was
having costume pictures taken this afternoon.

After pictures, we spent a few hours at an indoor playground.
This style held up through the entire day!!!

The next day I used the same technique but instead of one pony to start
out with, I put in three. This is the result:




Aubrey's hair is thick so we were able to pull off the look with
three ponies. If you are working with hair on the thinner side,
I would recommend just one pony.

Hope you have as much fun with this style as we did!!!


6 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Soooo pretty!!! Like it sooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 3-pony version! We did the "barbie bun" on my Angel the other day, and since she has so much hair, she thought the bun was too big, so I think spreading all that hair between 3 ponies would be best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like both of these. My daughter has thinner, shorter hair, but I think the single pony version will still be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Few hair things fail to impress me these days with all the hair blogs out there...but I actually haven't seen this done! I love the whole idea of making poofs with the topsy tail that way. It's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOM!!! I will surely be trying this on my 5 year old daughter!! She also has waist length hair. Her hair is a lot thinner than your daughter's, but I'm sure It will work great... Thanks soo much for this tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete